Welcome!

Welcome to Wiley Coyote's Education Discussion Blog.

If there are any topics you wish to discuss, please email me at axles93105@mypacks.net with the link or topic and I'll post it for you.

Please let others you may know interested in these issues to come join us at http://undoeducationstatusquo.blogspot.com/

I will try my best to keep things up to date and interesting. I'm still working my way around the blog program and looking for other ways to make it fun and interesting.

I'm always open to suggestions. ...WC





Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Church saved Charlotte’s McClintock Middle School from closing, study finds

Okay. Help me here.....


Here are the two paragraphs that bother me about this story:


The study also shows that even a volunteer program with hundreds of volunteers, a big vision and staying power isn’t a cure-all for the challenges of urban education. Despite efforts to boost achievement and attract middle-class families in the area to the school, poverty remains high (more than 80 percent) and academic performance low (McClintock earned a D on state ratings this year, up from an F the year before).


Attendance gains didn’t last when the students moved up to high school, with absenteeism soaring in ninth grade for former McPIE participants.

Is this what's going to happen after $55 MILLION Dollars disappears from Project LIFT?
I'm all for volunteerism and applaud the church for doing it, but doesn't this prove the problems facing a majority of these kids comes from the home as evident by the dismal performance of these same kids once they enter the ninth grade?

Church saved Charlotte’s McClintock Middle School from closing, study finds



 






No comments:

Post a Comment